The Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership (NEI) is actively seeking a Manager of Business Development (“Manager”) to help execute wide-ranging business attraction strategies in line with NEI’s mission to drive business investment and strengthen the region’s global competitiveness and economic resiliency.
Who We Are Looking For
This individual is passionate about economic development and loves working projects through the project pipeline. They love to sell and have a passion for their community. They build relationships and establish a reputation as someone who can deliver. They are driven by achieving goals, both individually and within the team. They have a solid degree of emotional intelligence, are humble and desire to learn from others, and are hungry to achieve results and deliver on their responsibilities.
Assist w/ planning & executing NEI’s business attraction strategy, including:
- Exercise project management skills across the business development project pipeline in collaboration with team members; serve as project lead on assigned projects
- Consistently track and document activities in the CRM tool
- Host clients and handle prospect management, coordination of visits and site tours
- Develop and present strong business cases and customized solutions that meet client’ unique needs and timetables
- Support sale mission, trade show and conference pre-trip outreach activities, including setting up appointments and meetings, and post-trip follow up activities
- Collaborate across teams to plan and execute digital campaigns in targeted markets and targeted sectors
- Participate in business attraction-related travel to conduct sales meetings
Requirements, Qualifications and Desired Traits:
- 2+ years’ experience in economic development required
- 3+ years’ experience sales, business development or related role desired
- Proficiency with Microsoft products and CRM platforms
- Ability to travel 10% of the time, including overnight
- Effective communicator: Confident and articulate, even in unfamiliar surroundings
- Customer service oriented: Senses and addresses underlying needs of customers
- Critical Thinker & Problem-Solver: Ideintifies best possible solutions to problems/obstacles
- Agile: Adapts tactics/approaches to situation
- Entrepreneurial: Explores new ways to solve problems
- Professionally confident: Driven, focused work ethic and strong accountability
- Achiever: Sets and meets challenging goals and seeks long-term improvement
- Planner & Organizer: Plans workload for one’s self; assesses and reasses priorities as required and resolves competing priorities
Salary range is dependent on experience & offers a full range of benefits. Qualified candidates should respond by sending a cover letter and resume via email to Vanessa Hurtig, Vice President of Administration, at Vanessa@neindiana.com. Both a cover letter and resume are required for application.
NEI’s mission is to drive business investment and strengthen the region’s global competitiveness and economic resiliency. Founded in 2006, the private-public partnership strives to be the location of choice for all businesses and people committed to being tomorrow’s market leaders. Serving as Northeast Indiana’s primary point of contact for regional economic development, Northeast Indiana’s 11 counties are made up of Adams, Allen, DeKalb, Huntington, Kosciusko, LaGrange, Noble, Steuben, Wabash, Wells and Whitley counties. For more information, visit www.neindiana.com.