The Community Engagement Manager will administer the day-to-day tasks and projects for the ARPA Business Grants, Vibrant Michigan City Playbook, and the MC Neighborhood Leadership Academy. He/she will work closely with the EDCMC Director in cooperation with staff on grant program operations, enrollment, programs support, marketing and communication and compliance. The ideal candidate will oversee, track, and resolve application issues that applicants may need assistance with during enrollment/ application process.
Scope of Services & Main Responsibilities
1. Capacity Building
- Work with business community and residents to learn the details of the ARPA Small Business Grant, Vibrant Michigan City and Neighborhood Leadership Academy initiatives to best serve as the lead convener in these economic and community growth initiatives.
- The position requires the ability to communicate to multiple constituents and to collaborate effectively with people at all levels of authority.
- Serve as primary administrator for grant management and grantee database.
- Serve as lead manager to oversee business grant program process– both application periods
- Serve as program manager for the MC Neighborhood Leadership Academy, coordinate meetings, classes schedules and materials.
- Serve as lead manager for coordination and documentation of Vibrant Michigan City Playbook initiatives and implementation.
3. Marketing and social media
- Manage and use social media to create content and share relevant information about all programs.
- Compile quarterly reports on all programs managed.
- Maintain detailed records of applications, documents, meeting minutes, and social media analytics and data related to the ARPA, Vibrant Michigan City and Academy programs, for annual reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or business areas.
- 2+ years’ experience working knowledge and/ or ability to become familiar with research/grant accounting environment, non-profit accounting.
- Desires equivalent experience, but not limited to, the following fields: Economic and Community Development, Sales/Business Development, Public Relations, Planning.
Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com